A nice creative day

Hi everyone - well you will be proud of me today - I have been stamping & some!!!!!!

It started during the morning when I had a workshop down at PBC for Clarity corner Stamps.  So having to demonstrate the stamps at the start of the workshop, got me going.

Then in the afternoon I made a card & a little box, both for some challenges I am entering this week.  I started the card by colouring some white card with the good old DTP technique - using a mixture of ink pads creating a sunset colour.  The images were then stamped with versafine black ink & clear EP.  The frame stamp was part of a set I think I bought in Hobbycraft, the little kitten was a freebie on a magazine & the sentiment was from "My Sentiments Exactly".  I lightened some of the areas such as the flowers in the bouquet by using a damp paintbrush & then dabbing with a paper towel to lift the colour off. Here is the picture of the card;


The card is my entry for the challenge over at "Tag You're It". 

The next project was a little gift box for the challenge over at "Stamptacular Sunday" where their challenge this week is "No cards allowed".  I made it using one of the stamps in my stash that I had bought from Caroline quite a long time back.  It is one of a range of stamps she created for stamping over patterned paper or card to create 3d images.  The one I chose today was for making a lantern shaped box.  (Later Caroline designed a stamp based on this which had a window in each side to actually make a lantern).  I stamped the image 4 times - decorated it with small stamps, then cut it out & glued it together. It will make a nice little table decoration with a nice choccie inside or a really expensive small piece of jewellery.  It will also look nice hanging on the Christmas tree! although it might actually need some glitter for that.  Here it is; 


 
Isn't it sweet? After it was finished I realised that as the sides are just over 1" square it was ideal for decorating with inchies. So! I can see another box being made soon.

Going back to the stamping for a moment here is a picture of the small stamps I used - I no longer have the packaging & can't remember the make name.  Rita - if you are reading this you will know as I bought them from you;-

Oh bother the uploads are not working at the moment - I will put it in tomorrows blog .......... or if you pop over to my blog there is a picture there.  Click here to go. 

In the morning I am going to have to start working on Nadine's birthday card, & check my Christmas cards situation to see how many more to make. Then I also have to start cutting up card for a workshop I am doing at the beginning of November for Happy Stampers.

I think that's it for now - will be back tomorrow.  Ooh yes - its the night for Mold clubs meeting so will be popping in there to see what they have done with the sketch I left. I hope to take photos of them whilst I am there - so there could be piccies to see tomorrow night.  Watch this space.

Night, night

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko