Shrink plastic

Hi everyone.
I had a rubber stamping workshop this morning & we used an item I haven't played with for some time - shrink plastic. I love watching peoples faces as the image curls & shrinks & that's when I am demonstrating how it works.  It is even better when it is their first try & there is that look of panic, followed by sheer pleasure at this miniature version of something they stamped earlier. We weren't stamping any tricky shapes this morning but even so there was one moment when it looked like one ladies piece was going to stay rolled over itself & stuck.  But as I said - keep heating it will work.  Thank goodness it did.  I must take a picture of the little teddy stamp that I often shrink - that one can stick as it will often curl over & then get one of its paws stuck to its nose.  Great fun.
We also had a session doing ultra thick embossing.  The first was embossing in clear powder over a stamped image making a beautiful tile as a topper for a card.  The other was embossing in gold onto a piece of mount board & then pushing an inked stamp into the molten EP.  That's another panic moment when you first do it ......... will the stamp come off the tile.
It was a very enjoyable morning & it reminded me that it is good to return to techniques that haven't been used for a while.  They shouldn't be forgotten, as they are all part of the fun of stamping.
I will photograph my samples & add them later,
Hope you have all had a good day.  More chat tomorrow, it's my meeting day.  I have about 40 cards to take, so I wonder how many I will bring home.
Night night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko