A workshop day!

Hi everyone - well I am now back home after my day workshop with Sue for HSNW members.  Our two projects were the two that we did for you last year - the star book & the CD case calendar.  I had shown them to the committee & they then asked that we do it for the ladies.  So! fortunately it meant an easier job for me to prepare as I had done it before.  We did the workshop the same way as we do here for you - two sessions, swapping over at lunch time.  The only difference being the numbers - there were a total of 38 ladies present so 19 each rather than 19 between us.  So! I am tired - I have been home about 40 minutes & thought I would do a bit of blogging because I am sure before the evening is out I am likely to nod.

I mentioned whilst preparing for today that I had come up with an off shoot project. Because I had lots of different sized offcuts left over after cutting up the squares I had to come up with something to do with them. I have a couple of ideas of how to use them on club nights next year - so watch this space.

Here is the little project -

A little handbag calendar - although it ended up a little bigger than I intended.  But I will keep it beside the computer - its a quick reference for finding the day of the week for a particular date.  I coloured the card (that's how I got messy fingers!) then randomly stamped with the little cluster stamp.  Added the calendar tab - dabbed it with matching ink to take away the whiteness.  The back of the card had got a little messy from the colouring so I backed it with another piece of card then laminated them.  Punched a hole & attached a book ring.

I made one error of judgement -  the 2 layers of card were just a little too thick for the laminator to stick everywhere.  But I overcame that.  If I make it again I will back it with paper, & I think I will make them again.

I took some pictures at the workshop, but they will be on my personal blog - please pop over to see - but it will not happen overnight.

Have a great weekend - shame its so damp.  Chat more tomorrow.

Comments

  1. These are cute Gloria, I made something similar for a sister and friend earlier this year (after doing that class with you ) and they were a lot of fun. I used a large sizzix tag die for the base and watered-down pva to seal everything but I like the idea of laminating.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post