End of an era

Hi everyone
That title sounds a bit melodramatic doesn't it?  But it is the end of an era, for me - because last night I finished as Chairman of HSNW after 14 years in  "office".  I explained a couple of days ago about it - it's all part of my cutting back on some of my workload.  It was quite a sad moment really, but of course I will still be attending & enjoying the meetings.

Today I have been card making & have done some more of my quick cards - plus 2 stamped ones & some work done towards 3 more which I will finish tomorrow. I used a stamp that I hadn't used for some time, & the non-stamped ones used more of my paper stash.  Good couple of hours work. Also I had a good look around blog land & the challenges out there & I am hoping to join in with 3 or 4 of those this week. Hopefully if I think things through carefully before starting - one card can be made to fit more than one challenge.  We will see.

I am not going to show you pictures of the cards I made today as I am leaving all of them until the end of the month when I will do a slide-show of all the cards I make during January.  Actually a couple have slipped through the net though - the latest one that didn't get photographed, being the one I made for the HSNW lucky dip birthday box.  I had just sealed the envelope when I realised I hadn't photographed the card.  Never mind.

Well, I think that's it for today - I hope you liked the idea of birthday wishes that I introduced earlier today - don't know why I didn't think of it before.  It doesn't replace a card - just another way to recognise someone on their special day. Of course I realise that not every club member has the Internet - or uses it - but everyone will be mentioned.

More tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko