Good morning everyone


I didn't blog yesterday as I decided to have a very lazy do-not-a lot kind of day, but take a deep breath & read on because I make up for it today. There is going to be several photos including slide-show & the first is that beautiful sunrise I took on Boxing day morning standing at the front door still in my dressing gown.  I can never tire of looking at such beautiful sights.



I spent  the afternoon reading one of the books I had downloaded to my nice Christmas pressie - Kindle.  I had downloaded several classics - so the one I decided to start reading was "Cranford".  I found it really pleasant to read - it's been quite a while since I read a classic & sometimes the vocabulary & way of writing takes a while to get into - but this didn't.  Did you see the TV serialisation of it?  Judi Dench played one of the main character - Mattie - as I read the words she would have spoken you could almost hear Judi Dench - she really was a good choice for that part.


In the evening we had the family round for a New Years Day meal - which Bob cooked for us & was very nice indeed.  A very pleasant evening was spent afterwards with just general family chit chat. Gareth informed me that Amazon had some £1 books for the Kindle - so I popped in there quickly & bought 3 more books.  I have never heard of the authors or the books but the descriptions sounded good - so I thought I would try them.  I will let you know what they are like once I have read them.


Right!  Crafting is what we are about & rubber stamping in particular.  So what have I been doing?  I have a birthday card for my neighbour to show you - her birthday was New Years Day.  Sadly it is not stamped but produced from a craft CD I have.  The picture does not do the 3-d work justice.


Then also there are the pictures for the Christmas  present I made for my friend Veronica - which again did not have stamping.  I had intended to do some but left it a little too late to get my head around what to do.  So I put to good use the many papers & toppers I have collected during 2010.  It is one of those desk calendars that stand up & you flip each page over.  On the back of each month I had stuck a saying or little poem relevant to the month - it was good fun trying to find suitable ones - I really enjoyed that part.  Here is a slide show of the pages;




Today I am starting on making cards for the coming year & hope to make at least one a day - which means that I have to make 2 today because of not doing one yesterday.

Well! I think that is enough chat for now.  I look forward to chatting more tomorrow & to our club nights this month which will not take long to get here.  It will be so nice to see you all again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko