About new things

Hello again ladies
What a perfectly awful evening.  If that wind blows much harder I can see our little home being at the bottom of the hill in Asda's car park.

Now that all three of the clubs have had their first 2011 meeting & I have mentioned at each one my ideas etc I thought I would put the information here.

First  - the meetings themselves.  We have been running with the same format since the clubs started & I see no point in changing it, but thought I could add a little "spice" or added interest?  So I have introduced a change to the Show & Tell - where you will put your cards on a table at the front of the room at the start of the meeting & place underneath them your names (which I will have typed out on a piece of card) - these names will be in a little plastic box.  Then at some point in the evening everyone will come up & vote for the three nicest cards.  Voting will be done by placing a button against each of the chosen three designs.  I will then add up the buttons & the person with the most that evening will get a small prize.  The votes will be recorded & added up at the end of the year when the person with the highest number will receive a special prize.  That change seems to have been happily accepted by everyone.

Next - was the announcement that Sue & I will organise a one day workshop for you & that Sue wanted me to ask how you felt about paper making as one of the session.  That session at the moment mainly for Mold & Mold II.  Now, CSNW ladies don't fret - there is also a one day workshop in the pipeline for you with myself & my friend Caroline.  I hope to have more information on those workshops at your next meetings.

The big one - I spoke at all three meetings about organising a weekend workshop extravaganza.  To explain again I am going to outline the weekend here.  There would be 4 workshops each day (the same workshops both days), & those attending would be divided into 4 groups.  On the second day you would attend the two workshops that you had not attended on the first day.  There would be tea, coffee & biscuits provided about 3 times each day.  When I costed the weekend it was based on 40 people attending & each of the 4 tutors charging a certain fee, plus the hire of the rooms (2 or possibly 3) & the refreshments.  I then did a second costing as just mentioned but with the addition of a buffet lunch both days.  The venue being looked at for the workshops is the Beaufort Park Hotel, Mold.  I have three tutors agreed & am awaiting a fourth to reply.  I am not going to put the two price options on here on the blog - but will give out the information again at your next meetings.  I had hoped that this weekend could take place this year - but it is looking more & more like next year - if in fact it goes ahead, because as I say I have to have a minimum of 40 attending.  Overnight stays (B&B) would be available at a separate cost.  My calculations have obviously been made based on current costs - if this has to be left to 2012 - prices could alter.

So there you have it - that is what my brain has been up to in those "lazy??" weeks last year.  We will see - I was approached about this a couple of years ago but never had the time.  Now I have the time - but perhaps the opportunity has gone.

This weekend I will be working on the next 3 months of your programme & will be putting the information onto your club page.  As always please remember let me know if there is something you want to learn - or ideas you wish to share.  Also don't forget if you have something you can show your club friends let me know & we will fit it into the programme for the year.

Phew! that was a lot of blogging.  I am off to bed now & read my book.  I have a meeting to go to tomorrow - handing over of another one of my jobs - but I am hoping to have some crafting time when I get back.

Take care if you are out in this gale & I hope you do not suffer any damage.

Night night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post