Assisting in a new venture

Good evening ladies
I am sorry I didn't blog last night but the WI meeting that I gave a talk at was a later start & finish one so by the time I got home I was just a little too tired to blog.


The talk went well & a couple of the ladies had done some stamping & one lady recognised me from Port Sunlight - so fame at last!  I am so pleased that I organised my demonstrations the way I did as it made the whole thing run better & smoother, but left room for a little digression if I felt inclined.  I usually end my talks with a shrink plastic demo.  I have the most delightful teddy bear stamp which I always use.  At the talk last week it went very smoothly - but last night - ooooh no.  The image curled & curled & refused to open out.  Fortunately I had taken along some pieces that I had done previously.  At least they saw it shrink & thought it very amusing when I talked to the piece telling it to "behave yourself in front of people".  They're coming to take me away ah ha - springs to mind.  A very pleasant evening altogether.  I really enjoyed it.


Now! my title tonight. 


Caroline who you all know of, has been working on a new venture & over recent weeks I have been assisting her in that I have been "testing" her work for her.  Recently Caroline has taken many of her stamp designs - in particular the silhouette ones - along with some beautiful papers she has made & is producing them for the digital market.  (By the way there are quite a few makes of silhouette stamps around now - but Caroline first introduced hers at least 12 years ago).
Just in case anyone is unsure about digital images - they are sold in 2 ways - by the images being sold on CD/DVD - or direct download.  It's like buying the stamping already done for you - which will of course introduce new people to crafting.  All the papers too have been created by Caroline, & she is working on the direct download at the moment.  Earlier today she put her first complete set on her blog & it is possible by now that there are more. 
As I said over the last few weeks I have been playing with the images.  Some play was done completely digitally in that I used them to create scrapbook style pages, but also some cards - none of which were printed.  I used a graphics package (I have My Craft Studio & Serif CraftArtist) to  manipulate & build.  Of course if you only want to use your stamps - there are some beautiful papers & embellishments with which to enhance your actual stamping.  The papers really are beautiful & some have an embossed look. Plus should you not feel like getting the stamps out - you can still have something with the stamped look. On my blog on Monday I mentioned I had made 2 cards but couldn't show them to you - well now I can.  Here they are -




Each is made up in a similar manner.  In both I  have wrapped background paper around a base deckle edged card, used one of the square pages (reduced in size to suit) for a layer which has been put on a slightly larger piece of black card.  The top card has one of the silhouette scenes, surrounded by a glittered circular message, & a fairy standing plus I added the black star corners over the top of the square topper.  It has then been embellished with gems.  The lower one has one of the scalloped frames, one of the circular messages placed inside the frame & one fairy plus embellishments of gems.  In both cards I printed the frame image twice so that I could 3-d it for depth.  The collection for these 2 cards is her pastel collection & I am sure you can see the rainbow effect in the papers.  Please take a look at her blog by clicking HERE - the first set that is available is in beautiful sunset colours (so I will definitely have to have that one - you know me & my sunsets), then the other colour way is a very rich & luxurious blue/green. Oh I nearly forgot - the glitter looks glittery - so the wings on the fairy do shine.  So this is really the nig moment for Caroline & I am sure you will all join me in wishing her good luck with this venture.  If you are a CaroLines stamps fan - well she still comes up with ideas for those too.

Well that is me for tonight - I have a workshop in the morning, then I hope to do so card-making in the afternoon.

More tomorrow - night, night

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko