programme work

Good evening everyone
Well I didn't get around to what I call "paper crafting" today after all.  Paper crafting covers everything I do to do with paper, card & all the embellishments.

This morning I had another one of my crochet workshops - which is going very well - they have now learnt 4 stitches & how to make patterns from those stitches, shaping plus working in rounds as well as rows.  Then during the afternoon I drove over to the Wirral to a shop I knew of to buy the Friendly Plastic for future club evenings, as this is a product we will be working with one evening very soon.  Unfortunately they had stopped selling it, so it was back home to look for it on the Internet.  Which I was able to do.

After that I spent time working on the next three months of your club programme, which I think I have sorted & must now get typed up.  I will put it on the club pages as soon as it is ready & it will cover April, May &  June.  I have some "different" ideas & I think we are going to push the boundaries a little over the coming months.  So I hope you will like the ideas I am coming up with.

Do  I remember correctly that I mentioned a couple of days ago about buying one of the X-cut punches where you can cut borders, corners, squares, circles & ovals?  Well I did buy one anyway, & when I came to try it out I couldn't punch holes in air!  So Lesley at PBC tried it & agreed there was something wrong & exchanged it.  Yesterday I went to use that one & couldn't get a result with that one either.  I took it with me to the workshop this morning & Lesley tried it out again.  Well she could not get it through the paper I had been trying with either.  It was some scrapbook paper - not thick but not paper thin.  But when we tried it on ordinary paper it worked well.  So beware of some of these punches - because I am sure on Create & Craft they were using card & it worked wonderfully.  I am quite happy for it to work with paper as I have ideas of using it like layering doilies - but initially it was a but disappointing.

Ooh yes, & I have had an email from Annette of Mold II confirming that it was her "Twinchie" featured on the Craft Stamper website.  Well done Annette.

So, that's me for today - hopefully more tomorrow, although I have to take Bob to the Countess in the afternoon as he is having a small procedure carried out on one eye. So I am needed to drive him home afterwards.

Take care, & sleep well.  Night night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko