stressed - not me

No! I'm distress(ed)

Hi everyone
This afternoon I managed to play for a while.  I had quite a few labels left over from the last club nights at Mold & Mold II - so I thought I would start using them.  So! out came the "Distress" inks & one of my favourite stamps. I stamped the image & embossed with clear EP, then coloured the tag with the distress inks.  I like to work with 2 colours & as is standard practice I start with the palest colour first, then come in with the darker complimentary colour.  I also sometimes go back over with the lighter colour to tone things down if I feel it is too dark.  I forgot to take a note of the colours for each tag.  I have taken photos & will blog them tomorrow, by which time I will sort out which colours I used.

Following my rubber stamping workshop yesterday I realised that these days I don't do a lot of resist work - so thought I would round today's play session off with some resist.  As I already had the distress inks out I thought I would use those.  So I took a piece of glossy/silk card - the sort that Barbara Grey uses & randomly stamped an image with embossing ink & then heat embossed with clear EP.  Then I used Crushed Olive all over the card, followed by some Wild Honey at the edges - the WH just warmed the CO a little.

How come I remembered what colours I used for the resist technique?  I just had a sudden thought - there must be a chart of colours on the net.  So I went & looked & there it is was so I was able to pick the 2 colours that I had used.

It always feels better at the end of the day
when I have had time to play.                                                       Oooh - poetry!

Have a great weekend, talk to you all tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko