just chatting

Hi ladies
Well! today was supposed to be warm & sunny - but I think they got it wrong don't you?

I didn't fill my day as planned after all as Gareth rang me yesterday on his way back home from Germany to see if I would like to go out to lunch today for my Mothers Day treat. Now I am not one to turn down a pleasant few hours over a good lunch - so I said yes.  Of course Bob came along as well - couldn't leave him at home.  We went along to the newish pub near us - the Running Hare.  It is a newish pub but had recently had a fire problem & only re-opened yesterday after its refit.  A lovely meal & most enjoyable couple of hours in good company.

I had spent most of the morning hunting for a book I felt sure I still had, to do with embroidery on paper.  I am running a workshop on this & wanted to look out some new designs.  I can't find it anywhere so  I hope I haven't lent it to someone & forgotten who.  Anyway I did find a couple of small booklets, so spent some time deciding what patterns to use & then writing up my notes accordingly. Over the weekend I shall have to work a couple of examples. One of the books had decorative corners & borders rather than full images - I think I will combine some of that with stamping, as I really do quite enjoy embroidery on paper, & haven't done any for a while. I am not sure how I managed to leave this preparation so close to the workshop date - I thought I had prepared ahead of time.

Sadly I heard this evening of the passing of a colleague & will need to make a sympathy card tomorrow. The year is only a quarter way through & already, I am afraid, I have had the need to make too many sympathy cards.

I hope you have something nice planned for the weekend & that the weather is kind to us.
Talk some more tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post