pillow boxes saga

Good evening everyone & hasn't it been nice to see the sunshine again.

Today has seen the next stage of the pillow boxes.  First I popped into PBC for some ribbon & a Versamark pen.  I need the pen because I am going to emboss the edges of the HSNW logo tag with silver, & the pen will be easier for more precise placement of the embossing ink.  I think it will look much nicer than just plain.  The ribbon I bought, which is going to go around the boxes, has silver edging as well.

Before settling down to make up the pillow boxes I spent a little while searching through my CD's for the materials for this weeks CD Sunday Challenge which I want to enter.  I had to make a decision today in order to make the card, as the challenge changes again this coming Sunday.  That decision made & some manipulation done I printed off everything I required.  Tomorrow it's cutting out & putting together.  I have chosen  ........... well, let's wait until tomorrow for that. There will be a picture of it on my blog - but I will put a link on this blog when it is done.  Just in case you want to see what I have been up to.  It's also time I did some more stamping to be blogged about over there.

Back to the pillow boxes.  I settled down with my embossing tool, ruler & embossing mat & some really good strong glue.  I got myself into a bit of a conveyor belt system.  First I scored several of them - it's the curved scoring at each end that has to be done carefully so that the box shape is correct.  After a couple were prepared that far I started gluing them.  At first I used some very tiny pegs to hold the glued seam together whilst the glue dried.  They are only about 1" long & quite light.  But I did find that left too long they were starting to leave a mark.  So I went about it slightly differently - I scored & folded one box & glued the seam.  Then held it closed for a few seconds using a tissue in case any glue seeped out, which could then be wiped off straightaway.  I then put that to one side & started the process on another box.  When the second box was done to that stage I then went back to the first one & popped it into shape, & continued in that manner.  Did you follow that?  Good.

It actually meant that the 35 boxes did not take overly long to do. I haven't yet decided exactly how I am going to use the ribbon & will have to think that through for tomorrow. But first task will be to finish the tags.  So all in all it is going very well.

For now I think I will close my computer down, check all the lights are off - don't have to see if the doors are locked as Bob has done that & head off to bed where I will read my book for a while.  It's a very strange combination - it's a detective story set around the 2050's with some of it on other planets, but it is also quite racy. Not sure if an "oldie" like me should be reading such things.  Te he - just try & stop me.

Night, night - sleep well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko