Some embroidery

Hello ladies
I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend, & that those of you who are Mothers and Grandmothers were spoilt rotten yesterday.

On Saturday Bob & I drove over to a little village in Staffodshire called Gnosall.  This is where Bob spent a lot of his younger life & we went to put some flowers on his parents grave.  I picked some beautiful daffodils out of our garden to take as I thought they would be nice for Mothers Day, & Bob told me that they were one of his fathers' favourite flowers, which I didn't know.  So a good choice.

Yesterday we had a quiet day rounded off with family round for dinner in the evening.  Gareth came round & Nadine came without Russ as he was working until about 10:00pm poor thing, but I plated him a meal for Nadine to take home with her.

Craft wise I put the finishing touch to the couple of samples for the Embroidery on Paper workshop that I am doing tomorrow morning.  Here is a picture -

Because the flower on the left had open worked petals that were outlined in stem stitch I lightly coloured them with lilac chalk.  It really finished that design off along with the little faux bow.  I seem to have got stick in a lilac / lavendar phase at the moment.  I also managed to stitch some more images & will be turning those into cards sometime during the week.  So watch this space as I also hope to include some stamping.  I decided not to put a greeting on the front of these 2 cards so that I can put the most suitable one on them when I want to use them.

That's me for today, talk to you again tomorrow.

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko