A challenge met

Good afternoon everyone
There is a stamping challenge blog, which changes its theme every Sunday,  that I try & join in with as much as I can & their challenge this week was called BEARnecessities.

I own 2 nice teddy bear stamps which I thought I would use - but not sure how.  One is large & the other small but they are the same design. Only after I finished the challenge did I remember that I had recently got hold of a tatty bear (think that is what he is called) - the little grey fur fabric bear?  There was a free stamp on the Creativity magazine recently.  Also on other magazines over the past months there have been free sets of stamps & some of those were bears too.  Never mind.

The one I used is one of my favourites when doing demonstrations or giving talks.  He lends himself very nicely to being used on shrink plastic. I wanted to produce a sort of toy box image. 

This is how he turned out.

The toy box was made by cutting out 4 pieces of paper using the quilt template for baby blocks.  I put 3 together to make the box then stuck another one on top with the edge raised to look like the lid of an open box.  That meant I had to show something in the box or falling out of it - hence the little blue teddy about to fall out.

The large teddy is the stamp in its normal size & the little yellow teddy sitting on his lap is him stamped on shrink plastic.  The 3 small teddies are made with the smaller version of the larger teddy.  I placed some tape & a lace edging across the card to try & give the illusion of a shelf for the toy box to sit on.  It was then finished off with that lovely sentiment.  It came with a foam mounted set I bought way back at the beginning of my stamping experience.

Hope you like the card.
Might be back later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko