An early card .............

....... not early as made ahead of time - just made early in the morning.  About 8:15 am.

As soon as I woke up I had an idea for one of the challenges I was going to enter, so once up I decided not to waste any time.  Weetabix eaten & I was off to the craft room.

Here is the card that I made.

I used the stamp that I bought on Saturday from Creative Pastimes.  When I mentioned it at the weekend I couldn't remember what make it was - it's from Woodware.

This card actually fitted two challenges - One layer Embossing over at Less is More & using Pink, Black & White over at  Crafty Catz 

I stamped the image - called fancy Flower - I think Fantasy Flower suits it better - in black ink & embossed it with clear EP, then coloured it with two shades of pink Promarkers.  The Happy Birthday was also stamped in black & embossed with clear EP.  I can see this image being used a lot because it can be done in any colour.

But that wasn't the end of it when I got back from having my blood test I entered two more challenges. 

Here is the first one which was made for CR84FN blog (this stands for Create For Fun).  The challenge was to use the colours yellow, red & neutral.  I really wouldn't naturally use those colours together but a challenge is a challenge.  The only thing is I didn't do any stamping on it.

Here is the graphic from their blog to show you the colours as they see them. 


I found the yellow daisy paper in my stash of papers from out of magazines & the tag as well. I cut the yellow paper to cover the front of an A5 card just sticking it down at the fold edge.

Continuing my search through my stash I also found some red patterned paper - but I discarded that later as I found other things.  I spotted a piece of neutral linen tape with wording on - so that solved my neutral colour.  Then I noticed that the tag had a red border but it was a bit pale so I covered the border around the tag & the sentiment with red glittery border peel offs.  The daisy paper already had a lace edging printed on it with a single daisy overlaid at the top.  So I put my tape on top of the printed lace & because the tape is a little narrower than the printed lace you can still see the scalloped edge beneath.  Then I had a yellow flower which I placed on top of the tape over the place where the printed daisy is & gave it a red flat back gem for it's centre.  Then to finish I added 3 red flat back gems in each corner.  Phew!

The final card is this one which was for the challenge over on Just for Fun challenge blog.

The theme?  Scraplings.

I will be introducing these at club nights soon - but basically it is a piece of card 2.5" x 11" folded in half.  Why?  Again I will explain at club night.

I really didn't know what to do on this - so just opened & shut the drawers with my stamps in.  This one leapt out at me - in fact I said on my other blog - it looked at me & said "pick me!"

After stamping it in black & embossing in clear EP I thought it reminded me of a retro design,  I chose shades of lilac/purple & a shade of green,  I found the "stitched" lilac ribbon which seemed to go well & that was it. 

But then I moved some things on my desk & knocked a small stamp onto the card & of course the stamp was inky.  Serves me right for not cleaning it when finished with it.  So! I had an inky mark  hence the two butterflies.  One of them covers that mark.  To finish I decided to put the little gems on the butterfly bodies.  Seems to have worked OK.

I actually made the Scrapling before I did the yellow, red & neutral design. After I had finished that design I thought to myself I could have used the image from the Scrapling & coloured it with red & yellow on cream or neutral card.  Or I could have just made the one card to fit the two challenges.  But there you are. Funny how you get other ideas later.

So! that has been my day.  I did get some domestic jobs done too.  Tomorrow night is Mold club meeting so hopefully some of their work to be photographed for the blog.

Hope you are all well.  More tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post