A quiet Sunday

Hi ladies
Sorry I didn't post yesterday evening - but we had quite a restful day.  Well! Bob certainly needed it after being at the festival all day.

Then in the evening we went out for a meal with Gareth, Russ & Nadine to celebrate Russ's birthday & his & Nadine's first wedding anniversary.  We went over to the Tava Indian Restaurant at Holt, & had an excellent meal & a very enjoyable evening.  So other than that there was not a lot to write about.

But today could be different.

I am posting now while having a lunch break as it is the HSNW club meeting tonight & I don't get back until quite late from that, so would not feel like posting.

Whilst having a look around the Internet yesterday at various blogs I also popped into Splitcoast Stampers website.  It's a very good site & worth a look.  I have attached a link to it via the name, just above.  I like to pop in every so often & have a look at any new techniques that are being shown & I have some time back entered one or two of their challenges.  But not for a while.  There are lots of discussion areas broken down into different forums & last night I spotted a question on one to do with what the lady was calling the v-fold card.  From her description a bit further along it sounded very much like the Art Deco card that can be made with the Hougie board.  You know how you jump in with both feet without thinking?  Well I posted a message saying I had made the card with a Hougie board & would try & post instructions.  I then received an email from one of the ladies who asked if I could make the instructions in inches as she didn't get on with centimetres. So I gave it some thought & this morning wrote out the instructions including a diagram & about an hour ago uploaded it to the site.  The instructions cover using any scoreboard (rather than specifically the Hougie board), & also for those without a scoreboard. So! we will wait & see what the response is.  I am thinking I may very well write it up on my blog as a tutorial complete with photos.  But that will take a bit longer as I really need someone else to take the photos. I think it would be a bit tricky trying to hold the card as if I was scoring a line & take a photo too.  So watch this space - or rather the one over on my personal blog.  Will let you know when I manage it.  But I have also thought I may very well make it a club project one evening soon.

I think that's me for today ladies - more tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko