Day 6 & 7

Hi everyone
Well! here we are at McDonalds again.  How are you all - I hope you are getting the lovely sunny weather that we are.

Now where did I get to?

Hmm reading back - not very far.  I don't seem to have said that we spent Sunday doing absolutely nothing, very restful.

When I last blogged I think we were just on our way out - so haven't said anything about that day.  We went to a rather nice small town called Lannion - lots of hills though - but some3 really beautiful buildings. Then we took a really nice scenic tour around the coast line.  Some great panoramic views from the cliff tops. Then back to this town where McDonalds is to find our evening meal. 

On Tuesday we visited the village of Pont-Aven which is where Paul Gaugin started his school of painting in 1888.  A really beautiful village with a river flowing through - very picturesque. So lots of photos to take.  It was very busy as it is fairly commercial & of course because of Gaugin quite popular.

Yesterday we visited a 19th century village called Poul-Feton.  It had been left to crumble away but has been rebuilt & everyone is in old Breton dress.  It was very interesting  to see how people lived then - animals & people all in one house.   I was a little disappointed after watching a video about their lace that there wasn't anyone making the lace, but we did see a lady spinning & dyeing wool which was very interesting.  It tested my little bit of French to ask what she was using for the different colours.

After that it was back to the gite for our evening meal.

After we finish here - I am not sure what we are doing today.  Early next week the Tour de France takes place all around us - so we will have to choose carefully where we go then as many of the roads will be closed.

Well thats me for today - talk again in a couple of days.  Sorry I can't show photos at this time as it takes so long to upload them to the blog.

Bye for now.

Comments

  1. Hope you are taking lots of photos Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline
    I am trying to take as many as I can - also doing some video rcording too.
    Glad to see you are watching what I am up to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko