A day out

Good evening ladies
Where did I go with Sue today?
Well we went to Frodsham to The Lady Heyes Centre to visit Crab Apple Crafts.  We walked in the door & there was Joan & Rachel from Mold club.

After a long chat with them we started looking around to see what would catch our attention.  I love all those lovely chipboard items they sell there - books, ribbon boxes, picture frames, drawer units - all waiting to be painted & covered in papers & then put into use.  There was a beautiful advent calendar box.  It was a large square chipboard base & all the bits to make the boxes which were placed around the four edges of the base.  This left a big square in the centre which in their sample had a beautiful Christmas decoupaged picture.

I was reminded of the Christmas decoration I made there a few years ago - it's base was 4 small canvases - well I say small about 4" square.  We decorated them with inks & Christmas papers & images. Great fun - I forgot to hang it last Christmas.

We had a good look around a few of the other shops - Sue looked in the fabric shop while I popped into the candle shop.  Then we had a nice leisurely lunch - & as we were going into the restaurant Joan & Rachel were coming out.

I bought a couple of little bits & pieces - some small daubers that I had been looking for to do small area inking with.  I had spent rather a lot at the workshop on Saturday so was holding on to my pennies this time.  Well! I am on holiday in 10 days time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I must settle down & make some birthday cards - my brothers girlfriend & her daughter in law - we have birthdays one day after each other.  Does that make sense.  Yes.  Three birthdays on three consecutive days.  I do try & do something totally different each time.  I did make a couple a few weeks back, but I have changed my mind now, as I have had another idea. That's why I don't like making cards too early.

That is me for tonight.  If I get some cards made - will show them to you tomorrow.  Although I will also be putting up my monthly slide show of cards etc that I made in May.

Ooh - nearly forget this is the 300th post.  Soon adds up doesn't it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko