Day two

Hi there again - it's me
Right, we have now moved from Calais to Le Havre & arrived at our overnight hotel about 1:00pm, after a nice leisurely start to the morning. The motorways over here are so much better than at home - sad to say - & the journey was only just under 3 hours, but hardly any traffic. 

Getting to Le Havre was not a problem, but actually finding the road that had the entrance to the hotel was a little more difficult.  Bob has sat nav in the car but since his lady was programmed some rights of way have been changed & a second exit off a roundabout was a one-way only in the opposite direction to which we wished to go.  Frustration set in as we could see the hotel but not how to reach it.  Obviously we did find the way in the end & it is also very close to a big shopping centre.

So! after booking in & sorting ourselves out we strolled over to the shopping centre - well there was milk to buy again.  Ooh - the hardest part was walking past the patisserie counter - not sure why we didn't decide to spoil ourselves.  Perhaps later in the holiday.

Then as we walked around the centre I spotted a magazine shop & am now in possession of two craft magazines - sorry - French craft magazines.  I usually treat myself to one or two when I am over here.  Although I cannot speak French - except for a few words - I do not find difficulty following directions in a craft magazine & it is nice to see what they are up to here.  With their card making they are quite heavily into 3-d work.  I am hoping that somewhere during our holiday there might be a craft shop - so will sit down in a minute & scour the adverts.

During our walk round the centre we spotted a couple of rather nice restaurants so now we have to make the decision - hotel or centre.  In the meantime we are having a very restful couple of hours.

Tomorrow we move on to our gite & I cannot be certain when I will next be able to have a chat.  Our gite is right in the middle of the countryside without very much around it, so not a lot of hope there - unless the people who own it have wi-fi, as they live in the large property attached to the gite.  Ok - I know it is really the gite attached to the larger property.

Right! I am off to read my new craft magazines.  Bye for now.  Take care everyone.
Hope to talk sometime soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post