Faux layered cards

Good evening ladies
Today I have been concentrating on finishing the samples for PBC workshop on faux layers.

The card on the left has been created using the faux torn paper technique, & is a stage on from the blue card shown the other day.

This time after creating the faux strip I used a slightly darker colour ink on the edges which highlighted the torn edge, as if the centre core was a darker colour.

The flowers had not originally been thought of as an embellishment but when I masked the card to stamp the little flowers down the central strip the masked slipped & I ended up with a portion of the flower on the white card.  I found these little flowers couple of projects ago so decided to use them again & changed their colour with DTP technique.  Although I like clean & simple I wasn't too happy with the amount of white & thought about stamping a greeting.  But then if it had gone wrong as the work was done directly on the base card the project would have been ruined.  In my peel off box were these line greetings that were actually on the curve - so they were ideal.  I like this technique & as I have said on a previous posting - they are going to be used again - I enjoyed using them.

The card on the right has used the technique that Joanna - a club member shared with us quite a while ago.  The layers are produced by using a piece of acetate with an aperture cut into it.

I created the inner layer first making sure it was big enough to hold the floral image, by sponging the ink off the acetate towards the card creating a narrow border.  The acetate was then moved a little to one side leaving a small gap on 2 sides & the cutout from the aperture placed over the central part to protect it.  Ink is then sponged into the gap.  The process was then repeated a second on the other side. 

I then stamped the image into the centre, coloured it with Promarkers. Next I created a mask of the image & used it to cover the image in order to over stamp with the oriental text, using the acetate frame as well to keep the text within the central panel.

The ink work was done using the individual pads of a Kaleidocolor ink pad & used again with the pads closed for the sentiment.

To give more of an appearance of layers I used a grey pencil down the right hand side of each section & along the lower edges to create the illusion of shadow.

Tomorrow I am taking my neighbour out for a trip to Llandudno so possibly will not get any crafting done. I will almost definitely call in at the craft shop.  Well I do need more card & stuff for my workshops!

That's me for tonight.  Sleep well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko