Wrexham Stamp & Papercraft Show

Good evening everyone

What another lovely weekend it has been - OK not scorching hot but dry & pleasant.

I managed to "bump into" quite a few of you on Saturday at the above show.  It was much better this year wasn't it?  Mike had finally managed to get more retailers & a few more bigger names.  Sue & I took a fairly leisurely wander round, stopping & chatting to everyone - most pleasant.

I was very good & although I said I wasn't going to buy anything - no I said I didn't need to buy anything - I did spend a little money.  My biggest outlay was for 5 A4 plastic boxes which are going to be great to divide up all my A4 papers.  I am going to divide them up into types - you know -Christmas, Floral, Masculine & any other type I have.  That way I think they will get used quicker because I will actually know what I have got.

Did you see the stand for "HobbyFun"?  It was the one selling beautiful fine fabrics by the metre or in A4 pieces.  They also sold templates for various items made out of a self adhesive plastic type material.

I had looked them up on the Internet when I was looking at the list of exhibitors that would be there & was quite intrigued by their products, especially the tealight holder.  See picture.

So I weakened & bought the template which cost £4-95 but with that you got the choice of 2 pieces of A4 fabric & a glass votive for the tealight.  I thought initially that the template was exactly that - a template but it is actually the piece of adhesive plastic that you use for the project. So I bought a large sheet so that I can copy the template in order to make several of the tealight holders.  The girl on the stand also gave me a little heart that had been made as a sample & two packs of old card ideas - retired ideas is a better description.

I bought a stamp from Dimension Fourth for making roses. Not sure why as I have a Marianne's die for coiled roses, plus I also can make them freehand.  But there you go.  Oh yes & from Stamps 'N Memories I bought a pack of those very shallow globe things that go into aperture cards.

When Sue & I decided to take a break & have a sandwich & drink there wasn't anywhere left to sit, except at the UK Stampers Network stand who were doing a "make & take" on ATC's.  As she didn't have anyone with her at that time Sue brazenly asked if we could pinch 2 chairs to have our lunch.  Not to miss a trick the lady said we could sit there & she would tell us all about her group. Mike was there at the time & when the lady said perhaps after our lunch was finished she could show us ATC's - he laughed & said "there isn't much these 2 ladies don't know about stamping".  Which I thought was very nice of him - but we are still learning, there are lots of things about that we haven't tried yet.  Anyway long story - short.  I actually joined the UK Stampers Network - it was only £2-50 for the year (to cover admin) & she had already given me some great ideas I could use for the clubs - so I wanted to find out more.  Will keep you informed.

Do you remember a while back I mentioned kits I had bought to make up for my fund raising cards?  Well I finished most of them today.  There were 2 packs, each of 15 cards with lots of embellishments.  I still have a few embellishments left - but not enough to really make a nice card, & I have a few of the cards left so I will decorate them some other way.  Probably with stamping.  I have taken photos & will show you tomorrow.

Well that's you brought up to date with my weekend.  I hope you had a great one & if you were at Wrexham I hope you bought lots of goodies & have been having a good play today.

More tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post