A friend's birthday card

Hi everyone

I hope you have been having a great weekend - it would have been nice to have had some better weather though, wouldn't it?

Well whilst Bob & Gareth were watching the rugby yesterday afternoon I got on & finished my friend's birthday card & thought you would like to see it.  She doesn't read my blog - well she might read my personal one but not the club one - so I can show it to you.

I really fancied doing a shape I hadn't done for a while so chose this cascade style.
I chose the black card after choosing the pink & black papers.  If you click on the photos you will be shown a larger version which will op-en in another window.  You will then be able to see the gems that are on the card to add a bit of bling.


I have done some stamping on it - the verse inside is stamped with one of my favourite birthday messages.

As you know I have so many background papers & toppers so this was a nice card where I could use good papers & do some stamping too.

The next stage was to find an envelope, which wasn't as daunting as I first thought.  In a box I had some DL cream cards which were exactly the size I needed.  To make things a little coordinated, I took a spare strip of the black with pink flourish paper that matches the pink with black flourish paper to put a decorative band on the left-hand side of the envelope.

I have also been busy with other crafting over the weekend - details of that in the next post.

Back in a little while

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko