Just chatting

Good evening everyone
Well not a very nice day was it.  I know my new plants need water - but I would rather water them than have it rain.  Not a good start to August.  Only 5 months left in this year.  Down at PBC they have on the counter a little Father Christmas holding a blackboard & every day they mark down how many days to Christmas & there are, as of today - 146.

Today is the start of a new promise to myself - for quite a few years now as you know we have been holidaying in France.  After this last holiday I decided it was time I learnt to speak French.  I am not worried about writing it - just conversational.  So I have invested in a French Course on CD - I read a lot of reviews about this particular system & it really sounded like it is the one for me - so we will see.  I can understand a certain amount but not quick enough to reply.  So often I am looking pleadingly at Bob to tell me.  So this morning in went the CD, then I sat back with my eyes closed so that I could concentrate.  The guy who introduces it does it very well explaining how we do know words already because they are almost identical to English.  He also has interesting ways of explaining points that make it seem a lot easier.  Only time will tell.  I will let you know how I get on.  In the past I have grasped the words it has been the pronunciation that gets me. When I went into the kitchen after Bob had left for work I found he had written the shopping list in French - cheeky! Good job I did know what the items were.

As promised I have some photos for you of the kit cards I finished on Sunday - remember - no stamping involved. 

I am going to put one here now & the rest at the bottom of the blog.

So this week I must get stamping! 

I have spotted some techniques I haven't tried yet so will probably play with them & I am thinking of them being my part of the workshop that Sue & I will give.  Talking of which please start looking at your diaries for things like half-term & other events that could get in the way. 

I would suspect it will be held late October early November.  Now, those are the suggestions for Mold - so I am also looking for dates for CSNW.  They have their August meeting on Wednesday so I will probably talk that over with them then.

That I think, is everything to impart to you today.  I hope you all had a good weekend.  Will chat more tomorrow.  Here are the Christmas Cards.


 
 
 



 

Comments

  1. Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way...... I'm getting in the spirit :)

    These are lovely Gloria, even if there's no stamping.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko