just chatting

Hello ladies

I hope despite the weather that you are having a good weekend.

Our thoughts have to be with our colleagues in the USA - especially New York & nearby States with the awful weather they are experiencing.  We moan about our British weather but at least we do not experience things like that - I am sure they are in our thoughts.

I haven't dropped by for a couple of days because there has not been something crafty to report.

Anyway today I can report some crafty activity - well yesterdays activity actually.  I finished off that series of stamped images - turning them into cards.  Here are two examples -


The first one is one of the Celtic style tulip designs that I stamped.  I have done, for me, some quite intricate cutting out as there is full image & then there is a cutout image.  The cutout consists of the central tulip & it's stem & the two outer curved leaves. All the space in between I have cut away.

The second card is

one of the elegant lady images.  I actually stamped 4 of these & treated them in different colour ways.  This one I coloured the edge of the white card with pink chalk & then layered it onto white card that had been edged with a Promarker in the same colour as the lady's jacket.  Also the peel off border has been coloured with the same Promarker.  Those pens are so so good.  This image needs nothing else but it's own statement & that is usually how I leave it.

I have put up the photos of all the cards in this series on my personal blog - so if you want to see them just pop over & take a look.  Can't remember how?  Then click HERE.

I am hoping to have another craft day tomorrow, but I also have a couple of cards which I will show you  tomorrow, which I have already made,  using Friendly Plastic - which is the subject of one of my workshops next week. I need to make some other FP samples - so possibly will have those to show you too.

You may have noticed a slight change to the look of the page.  I have removed the labels that appear down the right hand side.  They are a list of the labels that I put at the end of each post - but I haven't been particulary consistent with what I put - so I decided to remove them.  They were also taking up rather a lot of space at the side of the blog.  But I have left the archive list there.

Enjoy the rest of the bank holiday weekend.
More tomorrow
Night night

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post