just chatting

Good evening ladies
Well I didn't have an active crafting day after all - more a research & write up workshop notes type of crafting day.

Do you often say - I know what would be a good idea - then later wonder why?  When sorting the theme for the September workshops at PBC I thought we should start on Christmas. The idea that I had?  Let's do a Black & White Christmas.  Now that in itself is not a problem - you can basically just replace coloured card & images with black & white card & images.  Not worth going to a workshop for - unless you have never made any Christmas cards before.  So today has been spent coming up with some different ideas as well as just using black & white.  I have thought out some templates for shaped cards with a Christmas theme, & where I cannot draw them myself have researched to see if someone else has already done so.

Then I have had to research papers - a couple I have designed on my computer with my graphics package. I did find there was a limited amount of papers available commercially.  Of course stampers can create their own background papers.  But I don't know if those ladies attending are stampers & won't until the workshop starts.  All good fun & very testing.

Tomorrow I have a workshop for my crochet group, then Wednesday is a workshop on Friendly Plastic - the Black & White Christmas is on Thursday.

Talking of Friendly Plastic - when we worked with it at the club meetings we used the heat gun to soften it - but another method is water heated to 60 degrees C.  I have a melt pot (used for metling amongst many options - ultra thick embossing powder, beeswax even chocolate) - & yesterday I  wrote to one of the American companies that sells them & asked whether they thought I could use it just with water & why.  They have replied that they cnnot see any reason why not & want to know how I get on.  So tomorrow I hope to give it a try.  After all I don't want to buy another piece of equipment.

That's me for today - hope your weekend was not spoilt by the weather. 

More tomorrow - 'bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko