My work in progress cards

Hello everyone

This morning I drove to Warrington & back to take Russ there for a job interview. Nadine came along as well as we weren't sure how long he would be.  I had checked the area & there was a Hobbycraft nearby.  So as we had parked in a Tesco car park we did some shopping first - it was a really large store with lots of room.  We really took our time shopping, after that we then drove a little further up the road to Hobbycraft.  We got just inside the door when Nadine had a call from Russ to say he had finished his interview.  That has to be my quickest visit to a Hobbycraft  store ever.

This afternoon I completed a multi fold card I had seen on the Internet - to take a look at the photos I have taken of it - please go to my personal blog.  Click HERE.

Out of the group of images I have been working on to make some cards - I have finished one.  Here is the photo;
After choosing the red card to layer the sentiment image onto - it looked rather white,stark & glaring.

I made the decision to take a chance & use the distress inks around the edge & used Fired Brick - which of course seemed the most appropriate.  At first I have to say that I thought I had overdone it - but I rather like the finish.  It was still lacking something & I found some red rickrack braid in my ribbon box & laid that along the lower edge.  I thought ric rac associated with braid was spelt this way but the spell checker said the way above.

Now all I have to do is find the right colour scheme to go with the pink version.  I also have the tulips still to finish & the elegant ladies.

Tomorrow I have a workshop on cards with hidden messages.  That is my only workshop this week - but in September it looks like I have 3 each week - so getting back to the old way of things.

Tomorrow evening is the Mold II August meeting & the last visit of Marie. 

That's me for tonight ladies.  More tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post