First envelope album

Hello everyone
How was your weekend?
I hope it wasn't spoilt by the sudden downpours we experienced every so often.

Yesterday we had "the family" round to dinner which was very pleasant & during our chatting we managed to decide some of how we would approach Christmas this year.  Looks like it will be held here - so I will have to remind myself how to cook a turkey!!! LOL.

I spent a few crafty hours across Saturday & Sunday & made my first proper envelope album.  I have two prototype practice ones made - but this one was for real so to speak.  I decided to go for a Christmas theme & only used 6 envelopes so it could in fact be a special Christmas card as well.  I do have a workshop lined up for Thursday on this but so far only one person has booked on to it.

I decorated the pages with 6x6 scrapbooking papers - they are ideal for this size album.  The envelopes I used were basically DL size.  I have done some stamping inside it & also used a couple of peel-off decorations. Each of the "pages" were also edged with distress ink to age it a little.  It is work in progress as there is still more to be done to it - some of the pages are still blank (although covered with scrapbook paper) & some of the tag inserts have not got anything on them, & there is much more bling & embellishment that can be put in.  So here are four of the photos for you to see -

This is the front of the album - it needs an embellishment on it
& I think I will probably change the ribbon to a wider one. 

This is the insert for the first pocket.
To use this as an album there is space on the other side of the insert for a photo. 
Or the insert can be turned round & the photo be at the front, then the back could be used for journalling.
This page has a little pocket on it with two tags inside.
Could be for journalling or small photos, or a message 
This page is near the back & has a little tent fold card on it.,
which could hold a photo or a message.

So there you have it.  That is the idea I have for a workshop or a project for one of our meetings. I feel we would get more of it done in a workshop - but the choice would be up to you. The colurs are not exactly true as it was sort of christmas red & green - but the red looks a little pink.

I nearly forgot!  The finished size - a little under 5" square with those envelopes.  Size & shape would differ depending on size of envelopes.  I know that is probably obvious - but thought I would write it anyway.

Tonight is my HSNW meeting - so that is why I am doing this write up now - as it will be too late when I get back home.

More tomorrow.  'Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post