Saturday in Brussels

Hello again everyone

Right! now about today.

After a nice leisurely breakfast we asked the advice of our friendly reception man for some good places to visit.  He circled a lot of areas on the map along with many suggestions, so we had a think & made our decision & hot footed it to the Metro.

We spent most of the day at a visitors attraction called "Mini-Europe" - which is a model village that incorporates all the landmarks of the European Union countries.

We spent about 5 hours there & - wait for it ladies - remember when I went to Portmeirion I took over 100 photos?  Today I took  - or had left after deleting a couple of dodgy ones - 224 photos.  That is going to be some scrapbook isn't it?  The weather today was absolutely beautiful & hot - about 28 degrees.  The work in some of those model buildings was absolutely fantastic - for example the cathedral in Pisa was made from marble blocks because the actual building was made from it.  At the point I went to take the photo of the leaning Tower of Pisa a young Japanese guy went over & pretended to stop it falling over - so I included that in my shot.

I am going to try & insert a couple of photos for you - if it doesn't work you will have to wait until I get home.  So Verena could you sit & watch a slide show of 224 photos.  verena is a member of CSNW & said she would have watch a slideshow of my 100+ Portmeirion photos.

Let's see what happens;


I think you will know where both of these are.

Tomorrow is forecast to be wet - so it's indoor visiting.  We are going to one or possibly two museums.  It depends how long it takes us to look around.

Not sure I will blog tomorrow as we do hit a few problems - but you never know.

Have a great weekend whatever you are doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko