Home from the Isle of Man weekend

Hello everyone

Well! here I am returned from my weekend away with my brother & the celebration of his birthday.

We had a lovely weekend meeting up with all the family & friends.  Unfortunately I went away with an awful cold which was beginning to clear but changed to a cough.  So I spent a great deal of the weekend coughing.  Never mind.

We had a very nice trip over on Friday & spent the afternoon relaxing in my nephews home where we were staying.  Then in the evening we met up with the rest of the family & some of John's friends for a really nice meal - Italian.  Saturday in the day we went for a drive around the island taking in some of the scenery that we hadn't seen for a while, & noting all the changes since our last visit.  Inn the evening it was off to the Yacht Club which my niece had booked for the party.  I know that I am now getting a bit long in the tooth for these sort of parties.  I found the music far too loud & thuddy.  But everyone really enjoyed themselves.  Sunday we spent quite quietly with my nephew & his family during the day then in the evening for a meal with John & two of his friends (married couple) who had been staying at my nephews as well.  We had noticed that the weather over here was burning hot - but sadly for us there was an awful lot of mist.  It was quite heavy late in the evenings which made traveling back to the house very slow.  The island is not that big so it doesn't take long to cover it in mist.  Yesterday afternoon we made our way home on what was quite a pleasant return journey but the first hour was pretty lumpy - there was quite a wind blowing.

This was the first time we had visited my nephews house & he has the most magnificent views across open countryside.  So I took some photos.  I also took some yesterday morning when the mist was down.  I will put a couple on here - so you can see what it was like.

It was my brother who mentioned the weather here - saying that he had read on the Internet that one of the hot spots over the weekend had been Hawarden.

I hope that you all enjoyed the weather & had a great weekend in it - I believe it is all about to change again.

Tomorrow night it is the October meeting for CSNW - so I have a little preparation for that, which I am now off to do.  But before I do here are the before & after pictures of the weather ---

This was the view from the patio verandah on the Friday.

This is the nearest compartison I can get to the same view. Just above the table you can see the telephone pole that is clear in the top picture.  The fields are just covered in the mist - it was just not nice enough to go outside to take the picture from exactly the same spot.

I nearly forgot - on the way to the ferry we were driving along the M56 to the M6 & it was about 7:30 am.  The sun was one huge orange ball.  I knew I wouldn't get a succesful photo of it but I had a go at taking a video.  I had never tried this before with my camera.  Anyway I surprisingly managed it - although I didn't realise that until I loaded my photos from the weekend onto the computer.  When I can work out how to upload it to the blog I will do.

Bye for now - that's me uptodate.

Comments

  1. Glad you had a good time - when we meet again remind me to let you know what I've learnt about videoing with these digital cameras whilst on the move!! I've done it quite a bit from the back of the bike and have found what works and what doesn't :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko