just chatting

Hi everyone
Just popping in quickly as I said I would.  What a beautiful day it has been - the sun was really warm.

I had a really nice couple of hours with Sue at the Heswall Craft Fair.  Sue knew lots of people there as they were from the Embroiderers Guild that she belongs to & it was really nice meeting everyone.

There was some absolutely lovely work amongst the stands run by those ladies - but also there were lots of other good crafts too.  The money was for Macmillan Nurses - & people really had done a lot of work.  Sue seemed to think that the money made from the refreshments & the money paid for the stands went directly to Macmillan Nurses.  Many of the stands had their own charities but there were also some raising money directly for the Macmillan Nurses as well.

I bought a cute little Christmas Tree patchwork item - that will be my new Christmas decoration for this year - I usually try & buy one for each Christmas.  It was made up of little circular puffs all sewn together to create a tree. I also succumbed to some beautiful threads that had been hand dyed by a lady Sue knew - now all I have to do is decide what I will be doing with them.

One downside to the afternoon was the car park - we out stayed our time by about 30 minutes or so & I got a ticket.  I didn't realise how much time had gone whilst we were there. Still! you win some you lose some - but £25 is a bit steep.  Later - early evening - Bob & I went down to the Indian restaurant in Queensferry & we had a 2-course meal & a couple of drinks for less than that.  I bet you wondered where I was going with that didn't you.

Last night Gareth emailed a photo of his birthday card I had made for him - you remember I mentioned that he moaned I had not featured it on the blog.  I will put in the blog tomorrow,

Hope this nice weather continues over the weekend, have fun.  Take care please.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post