port sunlight

Hi everyone

I hope that all of you who went to the festival had a good time, & bought lots of nice things but didn't spend too much money.

Actually I was very good - I had gone with a list of things I specifically wanted to pick up & some ideas of things I might like to buy.

I travelled over with Helen & Jeanette from Mold II.  Helen drove us to Hooton & then we caught the train to Port Sunlight.  We originally thought that we would get to Hulme Hall about 11:00 or just after but in fact left early enough to arrive about 10:15 - so we actually joined the queue outside before it opened.  That was a unique experience for me but very good to chat to everybody.

I bought some card from the card man - I had wanted black but actually bought navy which is very nice too.  He said he had bought black with him but I couldn't see any.  Mind you it was tricky getting close to the card.  ladies were there with great piles of cards & packs of cards they could only just hold. I also purchased a couple of card packs that were fancy shaped & another craft knife with spare blades.  I bought one of the knives from him last October & it is really good so thought I would have a second one.

From Creative Stamping I bought a very cute Christmas stamp & 2 packs of Christmas message stamps many of which were in circular frames.  Next from Stamps n Memories I bought a pack of oval domes - they are very shallow not like the domes you get in some card sets  - so they protect some decoupage that isn't too high or perhaps a bouqet of  paper flowers. I was won over at Barbara Grays stand by a pack of corner stamps - I just had to have them.  Then at Card-io I fell in love with their new Christmas tree stamp which I had a sneak preview of along with its set of bauble stamps to decorate the tree with.  They have asked me to design some sample cards for them using the stamps - so watch this space.

It was nice as always meeting lots of people & catching up with their news, although one or two had to stand in front of me to be seen as I seemed to be walking around in a dream some of the time.  After a lunch break & a quick walk back through the halls & for me to let Bob know I was leaving we made our way home.  It would have been around 1:30 I think.

My intentions were to have a play with various things during the time between me getting home & Bob coming home when the festival closed.  But I was very tired - so ended doing not a lot.  I had been there on Friday setting up as usual & was tired from that - I just do not have the staying power at the moment.

I look forward to hearing from you on club nights about all the things you bought & what you have done with them.

This evening has rounded my weekend off nicely as we had Russ & Nadine, & Gareth round for dinner which was to celebrate Gareth's birthday.

Well that's my weekend - tomorrow I have to go for a blood test in the morning, so may cheer myself up by doing some stamping in the afternoon.

Hope your weekend was a good one - take care - more tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko