Just chatting

Hi everyone
Sorry I missed yesterday - but I had a day out with Bob & was a bit tired at the end of the day.

Bob had to visit a colleague to take him some equipment he needed.  The colleague is working in Derbyshire this week - so I thought as I didn't have anything to do (!!!!!?????!!!!!) yesterday I would go with him for a run out.

As it was such a lovely day it made for a very pleasant drive.  On the way because of the time restraint we did have to use motorways & busy main roads but even so the scenery was beautiful.  The trees were in their autumn dress & the colours were stunning - golds, yellows, oranges, reds & some greens.  The sad part was that there was no way we could stop to take pictures,  Where there were laybys - no trees.

After delivery of the equipment we came home the country route - so more autumn colour to see.  The frustrating thing this time - lovely windy country lanes - still can't stop.  I shall have to take a walk around here somewhere if I am going to get a picture of those colours.

As we made our way home we went through Matlock & came cross a place called Masson Mill.  It was an old mill converted into an outlet centre - a bit like Tweedmill? - only bigger & more variety of proucts.  In it they had a craft shop.  Oh yes - I always search out the craft shops.  Although it wasn't until we were inside that I noticed there was one.  It was called - "Caroles Crafts".  Now! I have seen this advertised in the craft magazines & they are spread throughout the country - so if you spot one I can thoroughly recommend a visit.  Assuming they all have the same sort of choice it is well worth popping in.  One of the things I liked was being able to buy mixed beads by the gram.  They had quite a lot of trays with different colour mixes in - but remember a gram is not very much.  It sounds really good to be 10p per gram - but you are soon spending £'s.  Personally I didn't mind spending £5 because I had a mix of the colours I wanted.

It was then on with the journey home & we were getting a bit peckish so decided to find somewhere to eat.  Our journey home took us through the village that Bob had spent the biggest part of his earlier life in - in fact was born there.  Just as we went through I noticed that the pub in the centre was open all day for food.  So we turned round & went there.  An excellent meal.  Think I need to starve today to make up for it.

Right I guess it is time I got on with the things to be done today.

May be back again later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko