Two birthday cards

Hello again ladies
I have photos of two of my recently made birthday cards to show you.  The first one has a bit of a tale.  I had the idea for the card & looked carefully for the right stamp to use.  I then made the card including adding a greeting inside.  Then I left it on my work desk ready to give to the person who it had been made for.

About a week or so later I saw it on my desk & thought I had better write in it & put the persons name on the envelope.  Then I couldn't remember who it was for.  Yes! ladies the brain is really slowing down at times.  Later - completely out of the blue - I had a thought about someones birthday & couldn't remember giving them a card.  I managed to get someone to ask questions for me - yes I had not sent the person a card.  So I signed it - put a long apology on the envelope & had it delivered. I am reliably informed that the lady found the whole thing quite amusing.

Here is the card

If I had completed this card properly it would have reached its owner earlier - they were celebrating a rather special birthday & I hadn't added that embellishment to the card at that point.

The image on the front has been stamped with archival black ink & coloured with Promarkers.  Then I have run it through the Big Shot in a flourish embossing folder.  The image was then cut out with a Nestabilitie die, which I then drew around on the lilac card to create a mat for the image.  Some lilac ribbon & flat gems complete the card.

The other card which I made this week was one for our daughter in law - Nadine - whose birthday it was on Sunday.  Nadine likes Yankee candles so her card is a tea light candle card which held 4 Christmas scented candles.  I used a Hunkydory style card in red with silver flourishes over it & created a little spray of red roses & a pearl topped corsage pin for the front with a silver Happy Birthday.

I hope you all had a great weekend.
More for you tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko