just chatting

Good evening ladies

Did you all have a nice weekend?  Get all that last minute shopping done?  Get all those cards posted?

No!  No neither did I!  Although I think I have finished my shopping - presents that is - there is still the food to do.  The cards are in a box ready for posting - I am left with a couple of "special" ones to make & that should be it. Then I need to finish the early January birthday cards.

I had my brother here yesterday for the one day/night & he was saying this morning that today would be the busiest day for Post Offices.  He runs one in the Isle of Man.  I then spoke to Sue later this afternoon  & she was saying how she had had to queue for quite a while in the post office.  My brother said Wednesday would probably be quieter.

I have an interesting photo to show you.  You will remember I showed you photos of flowers that I had been given when Bob bought his new car.  When they had really gone over I popped them out in the conservatory for their onward journey to the brown bin.  At the time it was absolutely pouring with rain so I left them there in the vase.  Yesterday I noticed something quite amazing. 

Look at how mildewy those Gerberas have gone - poor things, & the rose looks like it is made from brown paper.  I lifted the vase to take the flowers down to the brown bin this time & spotted the Dahlia.  I couldn't let these differences go unrecorded.

Look at the Dahlia


That is just amazing - there is no water in the vase it is bone dry - isn't it beautiful?  Nature is really wonderful.

Yesterday Bob rescued the CSNW photos from my telephone - they are currently residing on his phone & will be loaded onto my computer later.  They are from the meeting before last.

Well that is me for today - Bob has just come in so I guess I better get domestic & do something about our meal.  'Bye for now.  More tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko