A flower & some WIP

Good evening ladies

I have just had a thought - there could be some of you reading this who may not be aware of WIP.  It is short for Work In Progress.  As you know sometimes I just like to work with images & then think about what I will do with them later.

That can often be the wrong way round though - as once I have got as far as stamping & colouring a image I then have to find the background & embellishments which can be difficult.  It is often best to find the image & collect the other items, then stamp & colour the image.  Anyway here are the two images


This corner image is from a set of stamps that was a free gift on a magazine just before Christmas.  The set includes a couple of little flowers, greetings, a butterfly & a small circular frame that is just right for holding the greetings or the butterfly.   

This image is actually an anemone, but I thought I would try it first as more of a poppy.  I bought the stamp from Creative Pastimes either at the Autumn Stamp Festival or from their shop.  Tomorrow I may create another image this time as the anemone. I am not happy with my shading - I think I should have completed each petal as I went along whilst the inks were still wet & movable.

The other thing I had a play with was making a flower from circles of paper.  The punch I used was a bit large - about a 1.5" or 2" even, but I wanted to try on a piece of paper that had something to hold on to whilst I practised the folding.  Tomorrow I am going to try it with a smaller punch, about 1",  & double sided papers.



They are not difficult to do (perhaps you already know?) but as you can see from this one, alignment is crucial, or perhaps you hadn't spotted it & I should have kept quite!  Tomorrow when I show you the smaller version I will take pictures of each stage & pop it on as a tutorial.  I cannot take credit for it & I am sure I have seen it on several different blogs - but I will put a link to the blog that I recently saw it on as the blog owner has some great ideas along with some free printouts.  

That's me for tonight ladies - more tomorrow.

Night night


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post