just chatting

Good afternoon ladies
Well, yesterday evening we had a really nice family meal for Bob's birthday - we went to the Red Lion at Doddleston which is a rather nice pub that we visit from time to time.  The food was excellent but as it was a birthday trip the shine was taken off just a little by the slow service.  This was due to the regular chef being ill & the backup chef not being experienced enough - so there was quite a long wait between courses.  I like a bit of a rest between but this was a bit silly.  Nevertheless I think Bob enjoyed his birthday evening with myself, Russ & Nadine, & Gareth.

Today I have been busy with the paperwork for the first of the monthly lunches for 2012 that I organise.  All the paperwork has now been posted but it hasn't left me time to craft.  Tomorrow the decorations will come down & the room put back to normal then hopefully I can have a play.

Bob bought me some Crealie Dies from Joanna Sheen for Christmas they are different sized petals which fit together with a brad to make flowers.  He treated me to 4 sets - so I have a lot to play with.  I have been thinking about making more of my own floral decorations so this will really get me started.

Here is a picture of one of the flowers with a row of the shaped petals beneath it


and below is a sample flower from that shape


I will photograph my attempts & hopefully be able to show you some tomorrow.

I am going to try & have a photo in each blog post  this year to make the post more interesting.

I have a message for the Mold II members from Dot (another member) who wishes me to pass on her thanks for her birthday cards.  Dot celebrated her birthday on Christmas eve.

That's me for today ladies - more tomorrow

Comments

  1. Hi Gloria - Happy New Year!
    Just popped in quickly and noticed your comment on the Mold Feb meeting section that you are trying to source shaving style brushes. Wilkinsons usually have these for about 50p each - they do drop a few bristles but generally do the job!
    see you in a couple of weeks, Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko