A shopping trip

Hello Ladies
My first post of the new year.

We had a really nice afternoon when we took our granddaughter out to buy her Christmas presents.  Once again it was difficult as Olivia is not forthcoming with what she wants.  So it has to be worked on bless her.  Anyway, she said she liked hats so we shot off to Sealand Road stores & into Next.  Hats weren't very interesting but we found her a "cool" pair of gloves.  After that we went to the remaining clothes stores to see if we could find a hat - but no.

The next place to visit was Hobbycraft, which I thought we might end up in.  I was looking forward to telling her all about Promarkers & how good they were & how I thought she would enjoy using them.  No - too late - she knew all about them.  Had lots.  Thought they were the best thing.  Still she did select some single pens to pick up colours she didn't have - about 8.  Then she took a look at the books in the art section & finally selected one on drawing Chibis.  Now! I didn't know what Chibis were - but when I saw the images - well - they are really cute! - especially the toddlers & babies.  In case you don't know either - here is a couple of examples -





So I am now looking forward to receiving some pictures.  Evidently she has been drawing them already but the book showed her more of how to give them movement.  So a successful shopping trip.

Of course I could not go into Hobbycraft without buying myself something - so I bought a pack of  50 white cards & envelopes,  & a set of metallic Promarkers which I had been thinking of getting.  The colours are really nice.

After our shopping we met up with Gareth for a meal at the Red Lion in Doddleston & then it was time to take Olivia home.  A really nice afternoon & evening.

That is me for today - except for adding a photo of the stag card to the projects photo page.  Oh yes & I had an email from Betty to say it is her in the magazine.
'Bye for now - have a good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko