a short play today

Christmas is officially over in our home now until next time.

It seemed to take just as long to take everything off the tree & pack it away as it did to put it up. I always get upset taking the cards down too.  I have the lovely handmade ones put to one side so that over the next couple of days I can photograph them to show you.  We still have a few cards on show - Bob's birthday cards so we don't look completely naked yet.

As I mentioned yesterday I was going to have a play with the flower dies that Bob gave me, but I couldn't get them to work successfuly. I was putting them through my little Sidekick machine as the plates for that are just a little bigger than the dies - so thought it would be ideal.  But it was working out the right depth of shim to build as the dies are quite thin.  Then I needed to check whether they worked best with paper or card.  In the end I left it rather than get too frustrated, & later popped onto Joanna Sheen's forum to see if anyone else was having the same difficulty. I found one lady who was using the Bigshot & explained how she layered everything.  So tomorrow I will try using my Bigshot instead of my Sidekick. So! watch this space.

After that slight failure I then stamped a couple of images in readiness for making some cards.  I trimmed them with deckle edge scissors & then coloured 2 of them with Distress Inks.  Here are the photos I took so that you can watch them change;


Both images are from Crafty Individuals & are a little different to the style of image I usually use. The pink one is coloured with Victorian Velvet & the green one with Forest Moss.  I must say that in the photo the green looks a bit mucky.  I will think carefully before I layer another colour over them then how to use them on a card..

Before I leave this post there are 2 things I need to note.  On yesterdays post there is a comment from Lynn - a Mold member - who has told me where I can get the brushes for the "stag" project .  The other thing - & I don't think I have already stated this.  Joanna has got in touch & told me that she is quite happy to her project being moved a month so that Mold can do the "stag" project early.  So that you ladies for your help.

That is me for today ladies - have a good weekend.
Bye for now.

Comments

  1. I've just got those two stamps!!! Great sale going on :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post