wip moves onwards

Good afternoon ladies

So after catching up with some paperwork I settled down to think how to use those two images I showed you yesterday.

For the poppy I coloured glossy card with some Rainbow Inks that I found in a box a few months ago.  I used Posh Pink, Citrus & Yellow.  Citrus is a yellowy green colour.  I applied this ink with a handmade applicator & piece of felt & thinned the colour with some solution.  I then dabbed it onto the card but ended up swooshing it about.  I added a little more Posh Pink & Yellow & somewhere along the line it turned a very reasonable red.  I then dropped some solution onto the card to create some "pools" which gave it texture. 



I layered the image onto another piece of white card on which I had created a border with the same green Promarker I had coloured the leaves on the flower.  This was then layered onto the red card & the Happy Birthday stamped in black ink.  The addition of the red ribbon & bow completes the picture.

The second image was the floral corner image which took a bit of thinking about. Here is the card


I decided to trim the image to a corner cutout shape with deckle edge scissors.  Having done that I couldn't work out what to do next.  But sorting through papers something clicked & you see the result.  I can't believe how close a match the ribbon was.  Something I discovered in deciding to use the circular frame stamp is that the greeting & tiny butterfly are all part of the frame.

I am pleased with the result in both cases.

Right, more tomorrow - when I may get those circle flowers made and possibly the ones using the dies that Bob gave me for Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post