A good days crafting

Good afternoon ladies

Yes I managed to do some card making as well as sorting my Promarkers - but still need to redesign my desk.

Talking of my desk - this is what part of it looked like this morning before I started crafting


I had got as far as using my little Sizzix Sidekick & some corner dies as I had an idea for a challenge card.  You can just see the corner pieces laid on a white card behind the Sidekick.  The papers at the side are left over from the CD Sunday challenge that I entered.

So this morning I cleared the desk space to make the card & here it is


The trickiest part was applying glue to the corners & then attaching them as straight as I could.  The sentiment looks black but it is in fact a deep purple.  The idea was inspired by the lovely corner stamps of Barbara Grey (or is it Gray). This card was for the challenge over at Less is More - I think the blog name speaks for itself.

I also made a couple of cards out of the rather badly stamped fantasy flower.  Here is the bad stamping photo first

Remember I was trying to get two images on the one card & both attempts went dreadfully wrong as you can see.  So here are the cards I made



What did I do?  I got out my Promarkers & coloured the good image then very carefully cut around them leaving an extremely narrow white border.  Once again a bit tricky to glue - but managed it.  I then picked out a colour for the greeting.  You can see my head was still working on the Less Is More theory.  I actually do prefer cards like that - I am not so good if I start putting too much into a card.

Finally one more photo for you - I more or less reproduced the card I made at the HSNW meeting on Monday evening.
 
I absolutely love this poppy stamp & in particular using it this way.  The image was stamped in black on white card & then I used the Distress Inks - Wild Honey followed by Fired Brick, then a light brush over with Rusty Hinge.  The image was then layered onto black card & a "ribbon strip" was created by a piece of white card treated the same as the main image layered onto black card again.  The strip was then finished off with flat back black gems.

So quite a busy session.

More tomorrow,  Not sure there will be any crafting done tomorrow as I am out with Nadine our daughter-in-law.  We are going over to the Lady Heyes Centre so that I can visit the Cake Decorating Shop there.
'Byeee




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko