Just chatting & some cake photos

Hello ladies - how are you all?
Today I have put the marzipan coat on the smaller fruit cake so they just have to sit now for 2 - 3 weeks before the next stage.



The angle I took the picture from it doesn't look like the smaller cake came out of the space in the larger cake - but it did.  That space is where the madeira cake will stand - raised up.

When I was getting all the equipment ready for working with the marzipan I realised that I no longer had the plastic mat that I used to roll the marzipan & icing on,  For a little while panic set in - then I had an idea.  I have got one of those Stay Put Craft Mats (from Once upon a Stamp) - they don't slide around when you are working & are ideal for getting messy with inks.  I had it on my craft desk under my glass mat so it hadn't been used for inks. A quick wipe down with a damp cloth, then dried & I was off.  It was absolutely perfect - so I will also use it for rolling out the fondant icing.  Think I might have to tell Gordon & Robert when I see them at the Stamp Festival that it has other uses.

On Tuesday I hope to be going out with Nadine & we are going to pop over to Lady Heyes Centre as they have a Cake Decorating shop there & I am looking for different ideas for raising the other tier.  Of course there is also Crab Apple Crafts to visit as well.

Over the weekend I am hoping to make some cards for one or two blog challenges.  Also on Wednesday I have a scrap booking workshop at PBC so over the weekend I need to gather everything together including the bits & pieces for a page to build at the workshop.

I will be back tomorrow to let you know what I manage to do & also with some more member news.

I hope you have something good planned for the weekend despite this continuing cold weather.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko