just chatting

Good afternoon ladies
Sorry! - I have no idea where Friday disappeared to.  I had some correspondence to deal with in the morning - a mail out for an event, then I had a meeting in the afternoon which went on a bit & before you could say "ultra thick embossing" the day was gone.

At least it looks like my first workshop for 2012 is going to go ahead on Tuesday - as long as we don't get snowed in.  It's for ideas for recycling Christmas cards.  So this afternoon whilst Bob is watching the rugby I am surfing the net to see if there are some new ideas that I don;'t know of.  It has been quite interesting. Most ideas have been around for a while - but of course I am mainly going to concentrate on making other cards.

Some cake news - my god-daughter has made up her mind about the finished shape of the main cake - after a little persuasion from me.  Some time ago I made a wedding cake for a very close friend (I think I might have a photo I can show you) -


This cake started life as a 14" square cake, then in a really creative moment I came up with the idea to cut out one quarter that was to be raised up for the other tier.  How to raise it also came in another surge of creativity - the wine glasses. The shape of the photo is due to it being in a scrapbook of cakes I have made.  The 2 bouquets which were shades of peach & ivory are made from sugar paste & wired.  I have to say I was thrilled with the end result.  I have some better photos of it - you never know I may show you.  Anyway now I have another version to make - but it will not be an exact replica-  that would be wrong.  During the week I will be covering the cake with marzipan then it can rest for a bit before I have to ice it. 

Tomorrow I have to make a card for Bob's daughter for her birthday which has to be sent out to the States.

I hope tomorrow to get the remaining set of cards loaded for you to see - in the meantime enjoy your weekend, don't get too cold & if it shows please take care as you go about.

More tomorrow.  'Bye for now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post