just chatting

Hello everyone
Yesterday I had rather a bad day ....... no, that's wrong ....... I had a down day.  After the little jobs that had to be done I couldn't get myself motivated to do anything else.  Whatever I decided on I then didn't want to do.  Then I got annoyed with myself for not really doing anything.

I think one of the things is that there are still decisions being made about Karen's cake & I get frustrated when I can't move forward.  It is a very important day for her & I know she doesn't want to make rushed decisions -  but time waits for no man - or bride.  Anyway .............. moan over.

I have moved a little further ahead with the cake - I have now cut it's shape & marzipanned the main piece.  There is a smaller square cake still to marzipan - the shops calculation didn't quite work out.  But that will be finished tomorrow.  The cake then has to wait about 2 - 3 weeks for the marzipan to harden on the surface after which I can ice it.  So in the meantime I hope to be getting on with the flowers.  Whilst that task in itself is not difficult it certainly took a toll on my back - having to stand for a while.  Just one of those getting old problems.  So I thought I would have a sit down & a nice cup of tea.  Then I thought - I will write today's post for the blog.

Also today I have had a look through my card stash for those extra special sheets of card & started having a think about what I will do for Karen's wedding card.  Trouble is I keep changing my mind - so I must control myself & settle on an idea.  I think I will keep it in line with the wedding colours which are cream & lavender.  My friend veronica - Karen's mum - is going to get the ribbon to go on the cake, as she will be able to match the colour with the dresses.  So that will help me with colours for the card too.

Now! something I think I have been a little remiss with - last year we started a new way of showing the Show & Tell projects.  We added the voting interest & the votes were added up at the end of the year & a special goodie bag given to those with the highest points.  I really think mention of it should be made here.  For Mold club the winner was Iola, for Mold II club the winner was Annette & for CSNW the winner was Verena.  Well done ladies.  I wonder whose turn it will be at the end of this year?

Hope you are all having good days & looking forward to doing some great things over the weekend.

That is it for now - more tomorrow.  'Bye bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post