just chatting

Hi everyone

Just chatting ............. that seems the best title for most of my posts doesn't it.

Today I had a really good day out with Nadine - our daughter-in-law.  Originally we were going to go to the Lady Heyes Craft Centre because they have a good Sugarcraft shop there - but it doesn't open on a Tuesday I discovered when I looked them up on the Internet.  So I decided we would go somewhere I hadn't been for a while -  I was fairly certain Nadine hadn't been.  We went to Blakemere Craft Centre (out on the A556/A49 junction).  They don't have a Sugarcraft shop but we had a good look round at what they did have.  One shop that really intrigued me was the bead shop & they hold workshops.  I have for a long time wanted to do bead weaving.  Somewhere in that very deep dark craft stash that I often refer to I do have an Indian Bead Loom.  I had one many years (or should I say moons) ago & I do not remember what happened to it - but I did enjoy using it.  I think the one in the cupboard is a newer one.  I may investigate those workshops at sometime - the average cost seemed to be about £15 which isn't bad.  So as we were out most of the day I did not get to finish those images that I had decided to work with.

But I do have for you the photos of the recycling workshop


This photo shows 4 of the cards that I had received which I had picked out for recycling

The simplest one to recycle was the post box. On the original card it was stuck with 3-d pads.  I removed it from the card & attached it to a piece of white card with rounded corners.  It still needs a hole punched one end & a tassel attached.



These 2 photos show the square card that I converted into a simple box.  I was so pleased that I was able to fit the baubles into the centre of the box lid.  The base was made from a plain piece of white card.  This could of course be covered in suitable Christmas paper but I thought the white looked best.

With this card I cut the main image out with my big shot & a frame die to create a new topper.  I then layered it onto some gold paper & cut out following the die shape.  The "Let it Snow" sentiment was part of the card too - so I trimmed that & layered it onto the same gold paper.
By the way that gold paper I bought ages ago from a DIY store & it comes on a roll like wallpaper about 10" wide.  No idea what it was originally for but it is great for me for layering.

In the first photo you will see there is also another card with a religious theme.  The photograph I took of that recycled card was very blurry - so as I have the card on my desk still I will take it again & show you tomorrow.

Tomorrow as I have already said I have a scrap book workshop, then on Thursday it is the February meeting for the Mold Thursday club - so more photos from that to show you.  Talking of scrap books I pulled from my book shelf a scrap book I had started for Bob's granddaughter to record days out that she had with us.  Although I have always taken photos I hadn't kept uptodate with the album.  As you know ( or you must have heard me say ) I am also into digital scrap booking & when I was trying to do my Photo per Day project in 2010 one of the pages was to show an evening out with Olivia at the theatre.  So I am now going to bring her album uptodate both doing what is called "hydbrid" scrap booking & digital scrap booking.  I did a couple of pages over the weekend.  All I need to do now is get together all those photos.  Unfortunately - in a way - at that time I was doing a lot of cine photography so I need to find out how to produce stills from it.  But I have a reasonable amount of "normal" photos to start working with.

I think this year I should really try hard to catch up on my scrap booking.  Every year Bob & I have gone to France I have taken photos, saved tickets, receipts, brochures, menus etc etc, & they are all sitting in boxes waiting to be used.  Must get them scrap booked then that will clear shelves & boxes.

Well ladies that is me for tonight - & what a night it is turning out to be - very wet & windy.

Sleep well - more tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post