The first day of spring!

Good morning ladies!
So! the first day of spring - it doesn't feel like it - although all those lovely daffodils do make you feel like it is here, but it must be right as that is what Google says this morning.

Last night was March's meeting at Happy Stampers & for our project we revisited the grid technique.  I haven't used this technique for quite some time & really enjoyed trying it again.  Here are my 2 pieces of work from the evening - the dark surround is the mat they were laid on when I took the photos;


The 3 stamps used in the photo above had not seen light of day for some time ...................


............... whereas these 4 stamps were brand new.  Caroline had some sales items with her last night & I couldn't resist these different flower heads.  I think that's the quickest I have ever used newly purchased stamps.

I used Crushed Olive, Rusty Hinge & Wild Honey distress inks.  Then the images were stamped with black Memento archival ink.

I thought I would pop in early to show you these as after I have been & had my radio put in my new car it's back to the kitchen & put those petals together into flowers.  When I walked past them a few moments ago I couldn't resist picking them up to see how easy it would be to put them together.  Hmmm!  I will of course let you know how it really goes - later.  Keep your fingers crossed for me - 'cos I won't be able to cross my own obviously.

Have a good day - probably back again later.

Comments

  1. I love the grid technique - definitely worth revisiting, your colours are very pretty together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko