Oops - flower failure

Good evening ladies
Well today did not go well.  I took the petals I had made yesterday to make them into flowers.  Oooh no!  Complete failure - several broke & the rest would not make a "round" flower - they just seemed to want to go in a straight line.  I was at a loss.

This afternoon I was in Mold - so I popped in to a flower shop - Pot-Pourri? - & the lady there let me have a good look at the flowers & was really helpful, - as soon as I said I would like to look at them she knew I was going to be making them in sugar paste.  In the end I bought a couple of stems in order to study them. From this study I learnt that the petals were a little more spoon shaped than I had created earlier. So I am now waiting to see what 6 petals left to dry in dessert spoons will look like when dry.

This evening as I sat thinking about the flowers I remembered the lady in the florists saying - "well, if you can make roses - you can make these".  So then I had a little idea.  So tomorrow I am going to try that idea out.  If it doesn't work - then I have 2 choices, given the time left.  First - ask someone with experience to make the sprays for me, or use fresh flowers on the day.  I have forewarned my friend (the brides mother) that I have this problem.

I hate to be beaten.  My mother used to tell me that as a child I always said when I had a problem I needed to get the better of, "I maked up my mind" & got on with doing things.  Well ! today "I maked up my mind" - & I am going to have another go.  But sadly given the time left - exactly 2 weeks - I may have to give in.  It will be a sad sad day - for me anyway.

So once again - watch this space.

At least I still found time to make the 70th birthday card that Bob had asked me to make for an old Navy colleague, & also to put together about 8 cards from some toppers that had been sitting on my desk for a week.  So! perhaps not such a bad day after all.

That's me for tonight - have a good sleep.  Night night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko