Yesterdays cards

Good morning ladies

Oops! no - just glanced at the time at bottom of screen & it says 12:27 - so it's good afternoon ladies & I want to know who pinched this morning.

I thought I would pop in now & show you the 2 cards I made yesterday which I didn't have time to photograph last night.

This first one is along the lines of the stamping style I am in at the moment.  I cut a rectangle out of a folded piece of paper with deckle edge scissors & then sponged (shaving brushed) the centre with Wild Honey & Fired Brick Distress Inks.  Then I stamped the tree, in Memento black, & then "grounded by using a Barbara Gray trick, using just the tips of a group of smaller trees.  I still didn't like the lower edge so I adhered some narrow black ribbon along it.  Then decided I needed to match it at the top as well.  Finally tamping the sentiment.


This fun image was free with a magazine some time last year & not the normal style I would work with. Whilst I was looking for another stamp I wanted to use I looked at this one & thought - "it's about time I had a go with it".  So this is the result.  Stamped in black Memento ink & coloured in with those great £1.99 watercolour paints, bought from The Works a couple of years ago.

This morning I have once again sent a picture of my desk to The Stamping Ground blog for their WOYWW today. Why not pop over & take a look at all those desks - it is great fun - & at helps you not feel too bad about your own.

This morning I have made some quick, clean & simple Christmas cards from so decoupage sheets that have been sat on my desk.  I will be back later with photos of those.

Have a good day.  'Bye for now - I am off to look at a few more desks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko