a busy card making session

Good evening ladies

After all that sitting around & not doing too much I thought it was time I got on & made the cards that various ladies have ordered from me.  Of course, added to that list were sympathy cards.

When I phoned one lady late yesterday to say I had her cards ready - she asked if I could do 2 more.  This made a total of 2 cards for 70th birthdays, 1 card for an 80th birthday, 1 card for a 90th birthday & a ruby wedding anniversary card.  Here they are - I am afraid there is no stamping involved.  I know I am very naughty - but I felt this was an opportunity to use up various partial kits & even full kits that have somehow found there way into my stash.  Also I am not sure that the stamping would have been appreciated but of course I could be wrong.
 The photo doesn't do justice to the colour of this one - it is a very very soft green base colour.


This one is a very delicate pink.
Both of these cards were kits but I cut off the back of the main card which was plain pink & used some of it it for the backing of the 70. I also only used 2 layers in the decoupage (now that postage has increased so much) - & put the smallest image on the back of the card.  Gems were added for a bit of bling & a bow.


Another delicate pink card


This one has some delicate green tones.
The images for these 2 cards were left over from some beautiful decoupage card kits I bought from C & C some time ago.  I backed them onto some pale matching paper which I also used for the ages.  Again, some gems to add a bit of bling & a bow.

This card I produced digitally.  I found the rose topper on a CD & also the frame with tiny flowers.  To put it on a white card meant the frame got lost.  So I created a faux layer with a block of red placed behind the frame.  I printed the topper twice along with a couple images little heart that said 40th Anniversary on it.  This was then layered onto the white card some ribbon & a faux bow, & some gems added.  Also I used my tin of spray & shine on the heart that I had decoupaged.  Not that impressed I have to say - thought it would be shinier.

I still have the 2 Indian wedding cards to make - but the lady who asked for those gave me an order for another card.  A birthday card for her son & she said that he was into computer graphics.  Hmm! that gave me a challenge.  Here is the card


I hope he likes it.  In fact I hope she does too.
Here below is the image that I started with


I have a package on my computer called My craft Studio which has some very interesting effects options on it.  So the card above started with this simple image of trees silhouetted against a blue & white sky.
The option in the package allows you to swirl the image & also create star bursts.  So I created 4 different images, trimmed them down & placed them in the fashion you see.  I then created a banner to write the happy birthday sentiment.

I was so pleased with the effect that when I realised I needed to be making my niece's birthday card I did a similar thing for her card.  She doesn't like things too fussy.  So here is her card

Believe it or not this image started out as a photo of a garden viewed through an archway.  I layered the image onto some green card & used a strip of the same card to add the Happy Birthday & butterflies. I also added a large butterfly on the actual image.

Finally for my two days of card making - 2 sympathy cards - this time stamp0ing has been done.



I am now left with the 2 Indian wedding cards - the lady has given me the colours she wants me to use & wants some glitter on them - & that is something I do not do a lot of.  So quite a challenge.  I will let you know how I get on.

Tomorrow night is the May meeting of CSNW - I will be back in a bit later with a post for those ladies.

For now that is me done.  More later.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post