Just chatting

Good heavens!  It's been 3 days since I lasted posted a message - where have those days gone.

Well I hope you are having a good bank holiday weekend despite the not so good weather.  We haven't really done very much at all.

On Saturday we popped into Hobbycraft so that I could try & find some card for these Indian wedding cards - & in fact their selection of A4 card was not at all good.  I didn't expect to be able to pick up exotic card but they didn't have mirri card other than in gold or silver.  I wanted red.  So we got back in the car & popped over to Creative Pastimes (on the A41) where I found all the shiny red card I wanted plus coloured glitter card.

The lady who has ordered the cards would like one to be red plus orange/yellow with gold glitter & the other one to be red & yellow with gold glitter.  Also she requires them to be A4 size.  One item I did find at Hobbycraft was some gold glitter peel off borders that looked a little Indian style.  So I bought those just in case.  I am hoping that the glitter card will cover the glitter request.  Possibly I will add some gold flat backed gems for some bling.

Everything is laid out on my desk ready to start work.  I already have in my stash some A4 cards (ie A3 folded in half), so the fronts will be covered with a sheet of red mirri card.  I also have an embossing folder - that also cuts out a few small areas - that is ideal for these cards.  Plus I raided my ribbon stash & found 2 ribbons that I will probably use - one red & one gold.  So watch this space.

This afternoon or early evening Bob & I are out with Russ, Nadine & Gareth for a family meal, then tomorrow I have the first of 2 funerals to attend.  So I cannot see me starting these cards until Wednesday.

I think that brings you up to date with what is going on here - more tomorrow.

Enjoy the Bank Holiday Monday.

Comments

  1. Wow, A4 cards! Hope you've got envelopes to fit them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reply from me to Jo

    Yes, i do have the envelopes - I bought a pack of large cards some time ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko