a challenge card & a birthday card

Good afternoon ladies

A slight improvement in the weather today - so perhaps better weather is on the way.  i haven't seen the forecast today - so I could be way way out in my thoughts.

I have managed to do a little crafting today & have made 2 cards.  First a card for a challenge blog

his was for a blog called "Crafts4Eternity" where the theme this week was travel,  The card looks a little grey but it is actually Kraft card & paper. The image is one of a set of various cars & I stamped it in black.  The little embellishments are actually bead-like things that florists use to keep flowers in place, in a clear vase.  They come in all sorts of colours.  They have the advantage over brads that you don;t have to pierce the card.

With some masculine birthdays still to come during the year - this will be very suitable.  So I will have to make some more using the other cars.

I also made another birthday card to add to my collection for the year


I really do like this Rudbekia set, & have coloured the background with Distress Inks.  This time I have managed to break from the normal sunset type colours that I usually use.

Well only days to the holiday so I have been busy sorting clothes & putting together all the bits & pieces I need to take.  We have treated ourselves to some nice picnic chairs & a table this year & I have dug out our picnic basket from one of the cupboards, as we plan to relax in the countryside,  Just need the rain to stay away.

Tomorrow we are off to Liverpool to the Empire Theatre to see Avenue Q we are taking Bob's grand-daughter with us - it's her birthday present - she was 16 a short while ago.  This week saw the end of some of her exams - so it will be a nice way to round it off.

I need to say thank you to Carolyn of Mold II who responded to my request for anyone knowing where I could get some particular wedding stamps.

Well once again that is me for today.  More tomorrow.
'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post