zentangles

Hi everyone

For some time now I have fancied trying this technique - or perhaps art style - but kept putting it off for other things. 

If you have heard of it you will know what it is - you may have seen Barbara Gray on C&C doing a little bit of it.  If you haven't heard of it - it is basically "doodling".  Have you sat talking on the phone to a friend & picked up a pencil & doodled on a pad, then carried on filling some of it in with patterns?  Well then, if your answer is yes, you have basically been zentangling.

A couple of days ago when going through my stamps I "found" one that seemed to be just made for the purpose.  So this morning I stamped it onto a piece of card - twice in fact.  Then I practised some patterns - then this afternoon when I got back from my time out with Nadine - I zentangled the image.  I used an outline flower that I had bought from Dimension Stamps.


Here it is. I have put a slightly larger photo than usual in the hope the detail will show up better. I found it very therapeutic & obsessive.  I kept saying to myself to stop & then did a little more.
The card shows the stamp basic image along with 6 ideas of patterns & then the zentangled flower. I need to do some more now.  The work is carried out with a fine black pen - most people use a .1 - mine is a .4 so a little thicker.

Anyway, back to earlier today when I was out with Nadine.  We went to Inspirations - the wholesale florist - on the A41.  Well just off it really.  We had gone along to look at ideas for a wedding.  I think I have found the colour I want for flower arrangements for the tables & then that will be he colour of all flowers. I also found some great glasses that were in the sale for standing the cake on & some sets of glasses in a holder for tea lights, also in the sale.  So work & preparations are under way.

When Bob came home & I showed him the couple of of flower stems I had bought - he liked the colour - so that's a hurdle jumped successfully. Just need to work out how much I need & go back & get it.  Fingers crossed nobody else buys them.

Well I have to stop now as it is time to make our dinner. Have a lovely weekend.
'Bye



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post